Monday 30 March 2015

A Year in Pictures – 20 March 2015 – The Train to Edinburgh


I am posting this in the small hours of 30 March 2015 and, yes, we are finally clearing the backlog of photo posts accumulated over the last week and a bit.

On Friday 20 March, my wife and I took the 18:30 from King's Cross to Edinburgh. We were going to attend a wedding on the 21st and then stay on for a couple more nights by way of a short city break.

On the way up I started to read a biography of Thomas Cromwell (the man of the moment) but also found myself from time to time looking up at the ceiling of the train carriage and enjoying the pattern of lights and lines. This shot was taken on my phone and then tweaked with the wonderfully useful editing app, Snapseed. It is a colour image, but only just!

The journey lasted something over 6 hours door-to-door. The train ran slightly late because of signalling problems in the area of Darlington. Mustn't grumble—the journey to Edinburgh would have taken someone of Cromwell's day in excess of a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment