Tuesday 30 August 2011

Deliverance

Remiss of me not to have told you of a particularly happy ending that took place in the early hours of Monday morning.

In my morphine- induced slumber I had seen a small harbour at the end of a snaking narrow estuary. As a small boat docked there I felt a warm pressure in the area between my buttocks and awoke. So far, so Freudian.

When I went to the loo very shortly afterwards it was clear that the abscess (for such it surely was) that had been causing me such agony over the last few days was no more. My renewed cells had done battle with the forces of E-coli and proved victorious in their first big engagement. It was left to me to clean up the battlefield. The slowest realisation to dawn was that the really terrible pain had gone.

The rest of yesterday was spent happily but quietly, much of it in sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment