Saturday 7 February 2015

A Year in Pictures – 6 February 2015 – Selfie


Today did not turn out as I expected or had planned. I awoke to the news that our house was without central heating, although we did have hot water. The weather is bitterly cold, so you can guess how welcome the news was.

As I had to rush home from my French class to meet the central heating engineer, I was unable to photograph the subject I had intended to show you: one of Twickenham's historic buildings. That will have to wait. Maybe next week...

While the engineer was at work, I tried a few shots of a potted orchid we have in the kitchen, but in the end I decided to go with the sunlight in the hall, as it was pleasantly diffused by the glass in the front door. I know lots of photographers shoot images of themselves like this, hiding behind their cameras, but the light was too good to miss. Please pardon my self-indulgence.

We are still without heating, which we hope will be fixed on Monday when a new part for the boiler will be available. Brrrrrrr!

No comments:

Post a Comment