Wednesday 6 July 2011

Faustian pacts


Today the allegations about the antics of The News of the World have increased in number and severity and the net of scandal has widened to envelop The Metropolitan Police. It is difficult to remember a single story in recent years that has carried such a bad odour of corrupted or even absent morals.

The physical nausea has at least abated for me somewhat and as yet I am not conscious of any ill effects from my daily injections (although this was only Day 2 of same).

In consequence I was able to do some work today, comparing the pros and cons of various proposals for a printer/copier/scanner for the church office. I have decided to set out the comparison in a spreadsheet in the hope that this format can be clear and accurate as well as interesting. It remains to be seen whether this endeavour will meet with success, but what I have learned is that there are plenty of traps for the unwary in the commercial arrangements of some companies, however bright, shiny and enticing their websites may be.

Imagine a picture of Mephistopheles at this point.

No comments:

Post a Comment