Tuesday 21 July 2015

A Year in Pictures – 18, 19 and 20 July 2015 – Small Stuff

I am going to switch Saturday and Sunday's images, as I would like the rose and agapanthus to appear first. These lovely flowers were brought by friends who were returning home to Canada from Italy via the UK and who dropped by for supper on the 18th July. The photo was taken on Sunday the 19th of July. Don't know about you, but I have always gone nuts (in a good way) for yellow and blue.


There is a wonderful electrical shop in Twickenham, where among many other things, you can find all sorts of lightbulbs. This is a replacement I bought there for one of the fittings in our glass cupboard – once in place the little fellow gave subtle light to the supper we enjoyed with our friends on Saturday 18 July. I hope the shop prospers for many years yet, maybe into the next generation if any sanity remains in the UK economy. Let's hear it for independent traders.


If you don't wish to endure an interminable rant, please don't ask me about the uneasy relationship between piano casters (these ones, to be specific) and carpet.


No comments:

Post a Comment